ChatGirl’s Blackberry Source code
Hey guys, this was my first blackberry application and I learnt a lot while developing the app. The app connects to a PHP file located on a web server, receives response from the server in json format and displays the formatted response to the user.
Anyway, the app makes use of a custom UI, webIcon and other stuffs like that. I hope you guys that build native blackberry apps may find the code useful and may want to develop something nice with it.
Here are some of the things you may learn from the code.
– How to create custom screens, textboxes buttons
– How to create blackberry menus, alert boxes
– using json in blackberry jdk
– retrieving device blackberry PIN
– using net.rim.device.api.ui.container.HorizontalFieldManager
– creating a webIcon
– using blackberry tableLayout
– using net.rim.device.api.system.Bitmap, paint,etc
– using com.blackberry.toolkit.ui.container.NegativeMarginVerticalFieldManager
– using UiApplication.getEventLock(), running multiple background processes
– encoding URL strings
– updating your application / searching for updates
As I said before, its the first version of the app, the current version is 1.4, so a lot of changes has been made to the app.
Please comment below or ask a question if you have any issues with the code. Note: Blackberry JDK plugin for Eclipse was used to develop the app.
Hope you guys find it useful.